Artworks of Ciro: Frequently Asked Question - What is this blog about? Google+

SELECT YOUR LANGUAGE

Tuesday 24 February 2015

Frequently Asked Question - What is this blog about?

I owe you an introduction of myself.

I am Edward.
Rome & Me

I just survived the onslaught of a Supertyphoon, Haiyan, in my home city ,Tacloban City, Philippines last 2013. Months later after that, I was invited to spend a year of study in Italy - meet people of different cultures and learn more about Ecumenism and the emerging Economy of Communion.

Five months since September (2014), I am now fortunate to be working side-by-side as an apprentice with the very interesting Artist: "Ciro". (Pronounced as 'Chee-Roh').

Am I an artist too? No.
Have I attended an Art School before? Nope. Most that I know about art, I took from Disney's "ART ATTACK". Lol.

Indeed, after Supertyphoon Haiyan wrecked our city in the Philippines, art descended down to the bottom of my priority list in life. I saw a city stripped naked, bent, butchered, destroyed, devastated, made ugly.

But upon arriving here in Italy, meeting Ciro became a rediscovery how art moves the soul into a certain dimension that breathes happiness and wonder, curiosity and madness, excitement and frustration - a steadfast feeling of being human, of being alive.
Ciro
So this blog is all about Ciro's passion expressed in every artwork he creates. It's about the beauty that manifests through most things we consider "trash"; concretely applying the concepts of Re-Use and Recycle. This blog is about the adventure of a sculptor and his love for making art through various mediums.

Let's go inside the "trashbin" and discover another world.

@ArtistaCiro
#ArtistaCiro

www.labottegadiciro.it

No comments:

Post a Comment